M & R Publishing
Book Publishing Agreement
General Terms and Conditions:
1. The author wishes M&R to publish his/her work.
2. It is the author’s responsibility to submit their book file to us. M&R will assess the manuscript for consistent formatting within a reasonable time-frame and will notify the author of any potential problems associated with the content or formatting. The author will be given the choice of making adjustments or corrections. M&R can provide a quote to modify the manuscript for pre-publication.
3. M&R is not and will not be liable to the author or any other person/entity for lost profits or revenues due to, relating to or in connection with the submission of Work.
4. M&R is not and will not be liable to the author for any misplacement or loss of the Work for any reason. It is the author’s responsibility to retain complete records and copies of all materials/files relating to the Work pre and post publication.
5. M&R reserves the right to amend any portion of these Terms/Conditions at any time with 30 day electronic notice to the author. These amendments include but are not limited to timing, royalty payment structure, programs, special offers, or policies and procedures. All amendments will be considered accepted if M&R does not receive a written request to terminate the agreement in writing within 30 days of the notification. All amendments are binding and supersede all previous Terms/Conditions. In the event the author disagrees with any change the exclusive remedy is to provide termination of all Terms/Conditions and publication of their work in writing to M&R within the 30 day period.
6. M&R will not be held responsible for errors in the book, including, but not limited to, spelling errors, grammar, punctuation, style of work, page numbering, corrupted files, computer formatting errors, and missing fonts.
7. M&R can issue a printed proof book to the author for review and to describe any problems that the author wishes M&R to fix.
8. M&R reserves the right to reject any work for any reason at any time.
9. M&R is not responsible for market, distribution, or sale of author’s work, unless indicated and written agreement by the author.
10. Upon the author’s notification in writing, the author is authorizing that the Work is acceptable. Any changes or corrections thereafter will be subjected to M&R’s post-production submission guidelines and pricing.
1. The author maintains the followings:
a) that he or she is the sole author of work, and owner of the copyright and all of the contents of the work and has full power to enter into this Agreement;
b) that he or she has not engaged in plagiarism with respect to the work;
c) and that the author, if submitting work that is to include any content that does not originate from the author or to which the author does not own the copyright to, has obtained the copyright owner’s written permission to use any such material, and that all such uses will be so noted in the work;
d) and will send a copy of the Copyright Form to M&R after the form has been stamped and returned to the author by the Library of Congress, if the author already obtains the copyrights to his/her work.
2. The author guarantees M&R that the work is accurate, is not in violation of anyone’s privacy, is not injurious, obscene, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise a violation or infringement of any federal, state, or local law, statute, or code, and further agrees to hold M&R, its employees, directors, shareholders, representatives, heirs and assigns, harmless and is not responsible for any damages resulting from any litigation resulting from publication of the work.
3. The author further guarantees M&R that the work, if fiction, does not include the name and/or likeness of any actual person, living or dead; and that all characters in the fictional work who may have been derived from actual persons have altered names and altered physical attributes, so as to negate any similarity or likeness between the actual person, location, or event, and the fictional character or location, with the exception of historical facts, figures, places, events, etc. as set forth by the USA Copyright laws and regulations.
4. The author agrees that M&R shall not in any way acquire ownership of the work and that the author is free to pursue any and all publishing ventures that do not involve the use of M&R’s name or logo, likeness, barcode, copyright page, or ISBN.
5. The author agrees that M&R is not responsible for editing, misspelling, rewriting, page-numbering, indexing, reviewing, or any other errors in the work. All final draft or proof is approved by author before publications/production begins.
6. The author understands that M&R will take the author’s digital book file (as a MS-Word file) and do its best to fix any obvious problems resulting from the file being transferred to M&R’s computers before sending the author a first proof book; and that any changes that made to the book thereafter, regardless of their origin, will be made at the author’s request.
7. It is the author’s responsibility to notify M&R of any change in their email address.
8. The author understands that a signature on this agreement ratifies all the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Completing and submitting the online form is accepted as your signature.
1. Book Production is getting your books printed and shipped to you. The author will be informed of the book production cost of each book once all information and specification are gathered for the books to be printed. M&R will provide an estimated cost of each book being produced. For example, a book that is 6” x 9” in size with 200 pages may cost approximately $10. Where as, a book of same size with 150 pages may cost approximately $8.50.
2. It is the author’s responsibility to notify M&R four weeks in advance to receive books. Phone: (252) 445-5258 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The author reserves the right to discontinue the production of the work by providing written notice to M&R, and acknowledges that M&R is not responsible for copies of the work that are in process of being manufactured or that have already been manufactured.
4. The author is responsible for charges made by services of others, such as PayPal, Copyright, Amazon, royalty clipart/artwork and other servicers M&R uses to provide adequate service to the author.
M& R will not be selling or promoting the author’s work to obtain royalties. The author is responsible for all sells and profits that lead to his/her royalties.
This written Agreement contains all and is the only Agreement, and supersedes any other agreement, oral, written, or otherwise construed as a prior agreement between the author and M&R. This Agreement cannot be appended, changed, modified, word or words added or deleted except by the mutual written agreement of the author and M&R; and further, is binding upon the heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns of the author and M&R.
A separate publishing agreement must be completed for each individual title being submitted.
Method of Payment
Method of payment are certified check, money order, and PayPal (with processing fee).
Certified checks and money order are payable to M&R Publishing, LLC. Mailed to PO Box 364, Enfield, NC 27823.
Author understands and agrees the purchasing package is paid in full before the compilation of the book begins. Before production or book run are made, the author has the right to view printed book proofs or a .pdf file of their finished work. The cost of proofs varies based on the book specification. If the author is displeased with the service or product and wishes to discontinue publishing service, the author will be refunded his/her payment for the compilation of the book up to 35% or $250 of payment, whichever is greater, will be non-refundable. Cost for printed books are not refundable. In addition, express shipment can be made at the author request and expense, if option is available.
Indicates required field
Title of Work (Book) to be Published
Author's Physical Address
Author's Mailing Address (where we willl ship book orders... P.O. Box preferred)
Author's (daytime) Phone Number
Author's (evening) Phone
E-Mail Address (Please be advised the M&R requires an email address)
Author agrees to terms and condition of publishing agreement
Yes, I agree
No, I do not agree
PayPal (with processing fee)
Please write, "I agree with this publishing agreement." ....Then print this copy for your records.
Please state "I am agreeing with the Publishing Agreement.
Submit Publishing Agreement